Mandatory School Uniform Policy Effective Academic Year 2012-2013
As part of maintaining a safe environment, all Muñiz Academy students will wear the school uniform at all times during the school day. As a community, the school uniform is intended to:
- create a sense of community and school spirit;
- dramatically reduce the cost of school wardrobes;
- instill students with discipline;
- help parents and students resist peer pressure;
- help students concentrate on schoolwork; and
- assist with a safe and orderly environment.
The uniform must be in plain view at all times. Incoming freshmen must be in full uniform starting with Orientation Weeks during August, 2011. Students may not wear any clothing over the uniform. Students will be permitted to wear coats, sweaters, or outerwear clothing when on field trips or outside activities; however, they must be removed immediately upon entering the school.
The Margarita Muñiz Academy Uniform
The uniform shirts, pants, and sweatshirts can be purchased at Collegiate House School Uniforms, 970 Fellsway, Medford, MA 02166. Their phone number is 781-219-4952.
Families may order directly at Collegiate House by:
- mail using the order form
- online at www.collegiatehouse.com. Use the special code for our school: MMA2012.
- phone at 781-219-4952
- in person by going to Collegiate House in Medford.
All orders must be placed no later than July 1, 2012.
Light Blue, or Grey Polo Shirts (long or short sleeves) with the Margarita Muñiz Academy logo are permissible these shirts may be worn by males and females. Additional tops may also be accepted such as:
- Jade Polo Shirts, long or short sleeve
- Carolina Blue T-shirts with the school logo
- Navy crew neck sweatshirt with the school logo
- Hooded Full-zip or Pull-over sweatshirt with the school logo
- Non-Muñiz Academy cardigans that are school colors.
Bottoms: Navy blue, black, or khaki casual pants are permissible. Jeans are not allowed. Pants must be worn securely around the waist with a plain brown or black belt through all loops. Pants, skirts and shorts cannot fall below the waist and must be totally unadorned. The length of all skirts and shorts must be below the knee.
Shoes: Male and female students must wear solid colored black or dark brown shoes and sneakers, tennis, sandals, or boots including laces in black, white, or brown only.
Belts: Solid black or brown belts only should be worn. Studded, spiked, or electronic belts are not part of the uniform and wearing them will be deemed a violation of the dress code.