On Time To School
Students are expected to be in the building no later than 8:15 so they can get ready for class. All classes for all grades start at 8:30. Students who have excessive tardies and absences are in danger of not passing their courses.
- Be on Time to School – by 8:15am
- Be on Time to Every Class
- Be on time with classwork deadlines
- Late work accepted only if you are at 85% or better for attendance!
We know that students who are in school every day and on time every day are much more successful in their overall school work.
We are working hard to make sure that every student is wearing the school uniform:
- Khaki pants or the Muñiz Academy sweat pants with Logo
- Muñiz Academy Shirts with Logo
- Muñiz Academy Sweatshirt or Muñiz Academy Hoodie with Logo
- Shoes or Sneakers – NO FLIP FLOPS
- NO BLACK PANTS OF ANY KIND
- NO HATS in the building.
Uniforms must be worn EVERY DAY – Monday to Friday.
Classrooms and hallways are Cellphone Free Zones.
As per BPS policy, students may not use cell phones during any class time, in the hallways, or the bathrooms. Students may use cell phones only during their lunch period. Electronics and cell phones that are taken out at any time other than lunch will be taken by staff for the day. Cell phones and electronics are always returned at 3:30 dismissal.
Boston Public Schools Substance Abuse Policy: shs-01-drug-and-alcohol-abuse