Mandatory School Uniform Policy
As part of maintaining a safe environment, all Muñiz Academy students will wear the school uniform at all times during the school day. As a community, the school uniform is intended to:
- create a sense of community and school spirit;
- dramatically reduce the cost of school wardrobes;
- instill students with discipline;
- help parents and students resist peer pressure;
- help students concentrate on schoolwork; and
- assist with a safe and orderly environment.
The uniform must be in plain view at all times. Incoming freshmen must be in full uniform. Students may not wear any clothing over the uniform. Students will be permitted to wear coats, sweaters, or outerwear clothing when on field trips or outside activities; however, they must be removed immediately upon entering the school.
The Margarita Muñiz Academy Uniform
The uniform shirts, pants, and sweatshirts can be purchased at JB Edward Uniforms, 28 Corey Street, West Roxbury, MA 02132. Their phone number is 617-323-8832.
Families may order directly at JB Edward Uniforms by:
- phone at 617-323-8832
- in person by going to JB Edward Uniforms in West Roxbury.
All orders must be placed no later than July 1, 2015 to receive it on time for school.
Light Blue, Grey, Jade Polo Shirts, or Balck (long or short sleeves) with the Margarita Muñiz Academy logo are permissible, these shirts may be worn by males and females. Additional tops may also be accepted such as:
- Carolina Blue T-shirts with the school logo
- Navy crew neck sweatshirt with the school logo
- Hooded Full-zip or Pull-over sweatshirt with the school logo
Khaki casual pants are permissible. Jeans or leggings are not allowed. Pants must be worn securely around the waist with a plain brown or black belt through all loops. Pants, skirts and shorts cannot fall below the waist and must be totally unadorned. The length of all skirts and shorts must be below the knee.
Male and female students must wear solid colored black or dark brown shoes and sneakers, tennis, sandals, or boots including laces in black, white, or brown only.
Solid black or brown belts only should be worn. Studded, spiked, or electronic belts are not part of the uniform and wearing them will be deemed a violation of the dress code.